Thousands of Pokemon fans will deplane on Grant Park Jul 22 for Pokemon Go Fest, a first-of-its-kind daylong eventuality for players of a protracted existence smartphone game.
But while tickets sold out quickly and are reselling for hundreds of dollars on eBay, diversion creator Niantic still hasn’t pronounced most about skeleton for a eventuality — aside from deceptive hints during special in-game promotions for attendees and a guarantee of designated lounges for players from any of a 3 teams that users align themselves with on a app.
A assent focus with a Chicago Park District shows some-more information about Pokemon Go Fest, yet — including a proposed map of a site. Here’s what we found.
• The assent focus says 15,000 to 20,000 attendees are approaching during a event, that is designed for Grant Park’s Butler Field and a adjacent North Rose Garden. A orator for Niantic declined to criticism on a series of attendees.
• Each team’s loll will have several 60-inch TV monitors, and any will be accompanied by a group gym — a site where players contest opposite other Pokemon.
• The Petrillo Music Shell will offer as a event’s categorical stage, and will underline an “ultimate gym.”
• The organizers have requested Jackson Drive, that runs between Butler Field and a North Rose Garden, be sealed between Columbus and Lake Shore drives. The map shows Jackson as being home to a event’s food court.
• Although organizers perceived accede to sell alcohol, a Niantic orator pronounced it will not be sole during a event.
• Clusters of Wi-Fi prohibited spots will be sparse around a park — critical since a diversion requires consistent internet entrance to function.
• A sum of 66 unstable restrooms are shown on a site map.
• Pokemon Go Fest’s organizers requested and perceived accede to have inflatables on-site — what they competence be is unclear, though a “Pikachu print op” is on a map nearby a Petrillo Music Shell.
• Organizers didn’t ask accede to implement any kind of rides, lifts, or climbing walls (nor petting zoos or pyrotechnics) — all checkboxes on a Park District’s assent application.
• The Park District assent will cost organizers $50,805, according to a application.
Details about a eventuality could change before Jul 22 — a assent focus dates to March, and a site map says it was final mutated Jun 14.