As partial of a 2016 end-of-year awards to symbol what a biggest and best RPGs of a year were, we also reached out to you, a readers, to find out what we felt a really best RPGs expelled via 2015 were. With thousands of votes expel and counted, a leader was motionless intensely closely, as formerly featured in a prior Game of a Year posts.
Our readers’ tip games differ rather from those picked by a site staff. You can see a picks in a accumulation of categories by these links in Part One and Part Two of a full Game of a Year coverage. But what about over that? What was a tip 10 for a readership, and what other engaging contribution can be celebrated in a voting? Here, we’ll exhibit a bit on all that. Here’s your voting for a RPG of a Year for 2016.
Your Top Ten RPGs of 2016
10. Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir – 3.8% (Atlus / NIS America – PS4, PS3, Vita)
9. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE – 4.2% (Nintendo / Atlus – Wii U)
8. Fire Emblem Fates – 4.4% (Nintendo / Intelligent Systems – 3DS)
7. Dark Souls III – 6.5% (Namco Bandai / FromSoftware – PC, PS4, Xbox One)
6. Stardew Valley – 6.8% (Chucklefish Games – PC, PS4, Xbox One)
5. Pokemon Sun Moon – 7.8% (Nintendo / Game Freak – 3DS)
4. The Witcher 3: Blood Wine – 8.4% (CD Projekt RED – PC, PS4, Xbox One)
3. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse – 9.4% (Atlus – 3DS)
2. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II X – 11.3% (Falcom – Vita, PS3)
1. Final Fantasy XV – 12.9% (Square Enix – PC / PS4 / Xbox One)
Additional Facts and Figures:
- Narrow misses for a tip 10 embody Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of a Forgotten Past, World of Final Fantasy, Bravely Second: End Layer, Tyranny and Monster Hunter Generations.
- Bolstered by a outrageous apportion of expelled RPGs this year and a top-placing RPG Final Fantasy XV, Square Enix garnered some-more votes than any other publisher. Square also expelled one of a least-voted RPGs of a year, however, with Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness – it picked adult usually 0.2% of a vote.
- Last year’s most-voted publisher Nintendo was tighten behind Square as a second many inclusive publisher interjection to a year of Fire Emblem, Yokai Watch and Pokemon.
- The Witcher 3’s Blood Wine Expansion and Stardew Valley are a usually Western RPGs to make a tip ten. Tyranny almost done it, though other Western RPGs such as Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Darkest Dungeon struggled to collect adult votes, with a former even being outclassed by little budgeted efforts from the possess publisher such as I Am Setsuna.
- Despite not technically being an RPG, XCOM 2 picked adult a series of additional votes from we all.