I wish to take a step behind from raids and a anniversary (non-) event for a impulse to lane something that has been an emanate with Pokémon GO given a large summer refurbish went live. The changes to gyms have mostly seemed like a step in a right direction. Limiting gyms to 6 slots, to one form per gym, and carrying a Pokémon’s energy spoil over time seems like a recipe for aloft gym turnover, and positively an alleviation from a days of Tier 10 gyms everywhere stocked with usually Dragonites and Blisseys. However, one critical aspect of gym play seems to have gotten mislaid in a shuffle: The prerogative system.
Previously, we would get 10 coins and 500 Stardust as shortly as we reason a singular mark in a gym. Hold 10 gyms during once, and we could hillside in 100 coins and 5,000 Stardust per day. That’s been heavily altered in a gym rework. Now, your Pokémon acquire one silver any 10 mins per reason gym, and we have a max of 50 coins we can acquire in a day. The Stardust prerogative is gone, though we now acquire 20 Stardust any time we feed an associated Pokémon a berry.
I know a idea of this system, to revoke a honestly insane silver and Stardust era of those absolute adequate to indefinitely reason many gyms during once, though also to boost a ability for Average Joe Player to acquire a integrate coins and a bit of Stardust by normal play.
To some extent, that seems to be working, though things have taken a uncanny turn. In short, a gym prerogative complement is screwed adult and in need of fixing.
The emanate is a fact that Pokémon usually give we coins when they lapse home after being kicked out of a gym, that leads to a array of problems with a stream complement in place:
- You have no approach of actively job Pokémon home. That means we might have a Pokémon that warranted their 50 coins hours or days ago, though now they’re sitting around doing positively zero for you. While they could be in another gym earning more coins, they’re stranded in a gym until they’re kicked out, that creates a uncanny conditions where we actively hope we remove your gym chain to giveaway them up.
- The 50 silver daily extent total with carrying no control over when your Pokémon come home means that we can remove out on a ton of rewards. Say we have 3 Pokémon in 3 gyms that have any warranted 50 coins. If one comes home today, afterwards tomorrow, afterwards a subsequent day — great, we get 150 coins. But if all 3 are kicked out today, we usually get 50 coins, and a other 100 are mislaid completely.
The solutions here seem rather obvious. I’m indeed excellent with a new silver extent and Stardust system, though other aspects of this need to change:
- The diversion needs some approach to call home Pokémon from gyms. I’ve listened a idea many times given a redo that lore-wise this could be a Poké Flute. Use it on a specific Pokémon, and it will call that Pokémon home from a gym, permitting we to collect your prerogative whenever we want, and pardon adult both a mark in that gym, and a ability for your Pokémon to afterwards be stationed elsewhere.
- The Poké Flute isn’t useful unless we have some approach of tracking how many coins a fortifying Pokémon have racked up. While it’s been good to have improved in-game notifications about a standing of a defenders, we need a verbatim silver opposite to see how many they’ve amassed so we know either or not to call them home.
- There needs to be a complement in place to equivocate mislaid silver rewards. If a 50-coin extent is going to stay in place, fine, though in a instance where mixed Pokémon are sent home in a same day, there needs to be some arrange of conversion. Say that 100 coins we mislaid in my progressing instance would be converted into 5,000 Stardust, or prerogative XP, or even something like Rare Candy. Just something instead of flat-out losing a prerogative since your Pokémon were sent home on a wrong day.
Combining these 3 fixes feels like it would solve a problem. It would even solve a bonus problem where accessible gyms are mostly totally full, though permitting some-more spots to be manually non-stop adult would let even some-more people stagger in and out, and boost gym turnover even further.
It’s arrange of a bizarre conditions that we indeed don’t wish to be holding a gym after a certain point, though these are a manners Niantic has put in place with a new system, and a rewards are damaged but these kinds of fixes. A Poké Flute and some other changes would go a prolonged way, since as it stands, a stream gym complement is unsustainable and demotivating, even with many certain changes.