Thavnairian onions are a many critical unfeeling in Final Fantasy XIV. Your chocobo is your best fan when completing quests, using FATEs, or murdering hunt mobs. It’s in your best seductiveness to max out his turn as fast as probable so that we always have a slot tank, a slot healer, or a small additional repairs while you’re in a open world. You’ll need to feed your chocobo one of these onions each time they turn past 10. Since chocobos max out during turn 20, you’ll need a sum of 10 to finish your chocobo’s progress.
Getting Thavnairian onions can be a uninteresting task. Many Free Companies grow onions in bulk for their members, given swelling a weight of planting and watering opposite mixed gardeners creates it almost easier. But an sedulous gardener can positively grow them alone.
Using Thavnairian onions
Once your choco-buddy hits turn 10, they stop gaining knowledge points. Feed your chocobo an onion, possibly while he’s stabled or in a open world, and they’ll be means to benefit a knowledge points indispensable to strike turn 11.
Thavnairian onions as query rewards
There are dual quests that endowment Thavnairian onions:
- Landing a Stable Job: Once you’ve finished a Level 50 Main Scenario Quest ‘The Better Half,’ it unlocks an Ishgardian sidequest called Landing A Stable Job. Pick it adult in The Jeweled Crozier (X: 6, Y:9) from Mathye.
- A Hunter’s True Nature: This query has a few pre-requisites. You’ll need to have finished 3 sidequests in a Dravanian Forelands: ‘Pest Control,’ ‘A Step in a Right Direction,’ and ‘Garbage Duty.’ Once you’ve finished those three, revisit Hervoix in Tailfeather (X: 32, Y:23) to collect this query adult and get your onion.
Growing Thavnairian onions
Growing your possess Thavnairian onions is a labor of adore that can take weeks. You can possibly squeeze Thavnairian onion seeds from a marketboard and grow them yourself, or cross-breed other common plants to obtain a seeds. Thavnairian onion seeds take 10 days to grow. If we cross-breed to get a seeds, design to spend an additional 5 to 6 days watchful for your crosses to sprout.
The easiest process we’ve found is as follows:
- Cross-breed Krakka Root and Mirror Apple to get Curiel Root.
- Cross-breed Almonds and Mandrakes to get Nymeia Lillies.
- Then, cross-breed a Curiel Root and Nymeia Lillies to have a possibility of removing Thavnairian onion seeds.
- Plant your onion seeds
There are a series of other intensity crossbreeds that will produce Thavnairian onion seeds listed on a FFXIV Gardening site.