Last Sunday a Writers Guild of America announced a winners of a 2018 Writers Guild Awards. The awards are focused especially on radio (22 endowment categories) and film (3 categories). In contrariety there is a singular endowment for Outstanding Achievement in Video Game Writing.
The 2018 leader is Horizon Zero Dawn. Narrative Director John Gonzalez, Lead Writer Benjamin McCaw, writers Ben Schroder, Anne Toole, Dee Warrick, Meg Jayanth and Guerrilla Games were singled out in a endowment presentation.
The other nominees were,
- Dishonored: Death of a Outsider, External Writers Anna Megill, Hazel Monforton; Lead Narrative Designer Sachka Duval; Arkane Studios-Bethesda Softworks
- Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow, Written by Cas Ruffin, Patric M. Verrone; TinyCo
- Madden NFL 18: Longshot, Written by Michael Young, Adrian Todd Zuniga; Story by Michael Young; Tiburon/Electronic Arts
Previous winners in a video diversion difficulty include,
- 2017. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Written by Neil Druckmann, Josh Scherr; Additional Writing Tom Bissell, Ryan James; Naughty Dog
- 2016. Rise of a Tomb Raider, Lead Narrative Designer John Stafford; Narrative Designer Cameron Suey; Lead Writer Rhianna Pratchett; Additional Writer Philip Gelatt; Microsoft
- 2015. The Last of Us: Left Behind, Written by Neil Druckmann; Sony Computer Entertainment
- 2014. The Last of Us, Written by Neil Druckmann; Sony Computer Entertainment
- 2013. Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, Scriptwriting by Richard Farrese, Jill Murray; Ubisoft
Although Horizon Zero Dawn and all of a others are honourable winners, looking during a lists of nominees from before years it’s tough to equivocate a end that a Writers Guild is not unequivocally tuned in to a universe of video games.
If you’re meddlesome in video diversion awards, here’s another essay we competence enjoy.