Guerrilla Games was one of a large winners during final night’s Develop Awards in Brighton, holding home a Studio of a Year and Animation Awards for a work on Horizon Zero Dawn.
Total War developer Creative Assembly was another important winner, picking adult the prizes for Music Design and In-House Studio.
Keeping a concentration resolutely on diversion devs, Yooka-Laylee creator Playtonic Games nabbed a New Studio gong, while Brenda and John Romero were celebrated with a special Development Legends award.
Leamington-based Forza Horizon developer Playground Games also had copiousness of reason to celebrate after scooping adult a Independent Studio award.
A name list of winners is below, though we can find a full outline over on Develop.
- Publishing Hero — Curve Digital
- Independent Studio — Playground Games
- In-House Studio — Creative Assembly
- New Studio — Playtonic Games
- New Games IP — Overcooked (Ghost Town Games)
- Animation — Horizon Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games)
- Visual Design — Batman Arkham VR (Rocksteady Games)
- Music Design — Total War Warhammer (Creative Assembly)
- Sound Design — Batman Arkham VR (Rocksteady Games)
- Best Writing — The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine (CD Project Red)
- Design Creativity Tool — YoYo Games
- Engine — Unreal Engine (Epic Games)
- Development Legends — Brenda Romero and John Romero